Any time of day or night, even on holidays, we can provide an emergency electrician to your home or place of business, with a minimum of fuss!
Planning on upgrading your kitchen or bathroom? Then why not give us a call and we'd be happy provide you with a FREE estimate for our services!
Halloween Safety Tips for Ghouls and Goblins | Northwest Arkansas Electrician
What Flickering Lights Tell You
Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters Keep Your Home Safe
We Are Your Preferred Electrician
As your preferred electrician, we proudly serve Bentonville, AR and Northwest Arkansas, providing unsurpassed, residential and commercial electrical services. We pride ourselves on being knowledgeable on all the latest electrical techniques and use the latest technology and our years of experience to offer a complete electrical maintenance, repair and installation service to all of our clients.
Each electrician is licensed, bonded and insured, and we only employ reliable, honest and skilled workers to represent our company – so you can sit back once you’ve hired us and be assured that you are in safe hands. Our technicians will arrive at your location, fully equipped for almost any electrical problem that you need to carry out, and will get the job done quickly and efficiently. No project is too big or too small, and we carry out each job with the same diligence and professionalism, regardless of the size of the task
Prior to starting the job we shall provide you with a FREE quote that will have the details of all of the tasks that need to be completed, and any required parts that shall need to be purchased. If, during the course of our work, we find there are additional issues that were not immediately obvious, then we shall let you know and again quote for any additional work, before carrying it out. The last thing we want is for there to be any nasty surprises on pricing for you once the job has been done.
We have worked extremely hard to earn the reputation that we have in the area, and we’ll do whatever it takes to keep that great reputation intact! We’re not happy until you, the customer is happy, and your satisfaction is what we guarantee.
So why not call us at (479) 640-7476 and ask us for a FREE, no obligation quote for your next electrical project? We shall offer you the best price we possibly can. We look forward to earning your trust, so that you will feel comfortable and happy to recommend us to your family friends.
How To Select A Reliable Electrician
Finding a good Bentonville, AR electrician shouldn’t really be that hard to do, right? And most of the time it won’t be! The problem is that you don’t usually find out if a electrician is sub-standard until after you’ve hired them, and they’ve made a mess of the task that you hired them to do, and you’re left with more problems than you began with.
So before you go and hire a Bentonville, AR electrician (or an electrician in the area that you live) here are a few helpful hints for you to consider in order to protect yourself as much as possible:
- Seek recommendations from other people you trust, for example, family, friends or work colleagues. Not only will the be able to help you find a good electrician, but they will also be able to steer you away from those that they have had bad experiences with.
- If you can’t get a personal recommendation, the next best option is to go online to find reviews on third party websites such as GoogleMyBusiness, Yelp, Kudzu, Angie’s List, and don’t forget the Bureau for Better Business. Don’t rely on the testimonials that you find on the electrician website, as they are probably only going to allow the good testimonials to be posted since they have complete control of the site.
- Before allowing a electrician to start work in your home or office, always get a quote in writing, and check the small print, to try and alleviate any shocks when the final bill is presented to you.
- It’s vital that you check the electrician’s licensing credentials before hiring them. A licensed electrician is going to not only have the correct qualifications, but will also carry some kind of liability insurance. You can easily go online to check the license number that your prospective electrician hands to you.
- Last but not least, follow your instincts! If you’re not 100% certain that the electrician in front of you can do the job you’re looking for, then don’t move forward with him, and continue your search until you find one that you’re 100% comfortable with and has been able to fully convince you that he understands your goals and is able to do the job to your satisfaction.
What to do in an Electrical Emergency
Many home fires are caused by malfunctioning electrical systems. Simply the idea of a fire starting behind your walls while you are sleeping is frightening. Luckily, most electrical emergencies manifest themselves in more subtle ways before they end up triggering a disaster. The secret is to be able to recognize the indications of a blossoming electrical emergency and know the appropriate steps to contain the issue until your local electrical contractor can get out to your the home of repair it.
If it’s already evident you have an electrical emergency and you need help now, call your Bentonville electrician, Davitt Electric at 479-640-7476 for quick, effective emergency service.
Typical Electrical Emergencies
Overloaded circuits – Using extension cords and/or plugging too many appliances and electronic devices into one circuit can overload the circuit and trigger the wires and receptacles to overheat. Indications of an overloaded circuit include discoloration around the plugs, frequent tripped circuit breakers, and even smoke originating from the outlet. If you see any of these signs, turn off the power to that circuit at the primary electrical box and call your Northwest Arkansas electrician to evaluate the issue.
Arcing electricity – Frayed, old, or otherwise damaged electrical cords can trigger an electrical circuit to bypass the cord and arc. This is an exceptionally hazardous scenario and can easily result in house fires. Do not try to unplug the cord if you see arcing. Rather, shut off the electricity to the space at the primary circuit box.
Power surges – Power surges, which take place when there is an unusually-high quantity of electricity in the circuit, are frequently the outcome of power coming back on unexpectedly after an outage. These bursts of electricity can damage your appliances and electronic devices as well as add to an electrical fire. Avoid these surges by unplugging your appliances, electronics, and lamps when the power goes out and then gradually re-plugging them once the electrical service has actually been brought back. Davitt Electric in Bentonville also installs whole-house surge protectors to help you avoid this problem.
Appliances – Faulty appliances with worn wiring can increase the risk of electrical shocks. Never use malfunctioning appliances and change them out immediately.